Who are we?
We are a non-profit organisation whose primary objective is to safeguard, promote and conserve the interests of the owners and residents of properties in Tairua. We work on your behalf to keep Tairua the community you want it to be.
To conserve, safeguard, promote and advance generally the interests and welfare (social, economic, environmental and cultural) of the residents and ratepayers.
- To preserve, improve, conserve and enhance amenities in Tairua.
- To inform Tairua residents and ratepayers and advocate to the relevant statutory authorities on any matters the Committee determines.
- To ensure Tairua’s stated long term aspirations/goals are protected by the input and promotion of the Tairua Community Plan.
- To subscribe, co-operate or liaise with other community organisations considered to be in the best interests of Tairua.
- To monitor the development and maintenance of the infrastructure and services in the district by local government and other authorities.
- To make submissions on any matter or proposal this protects the interests of Tairua residents and ratepayers.
How do we do that?
Work on your behalf to represent Tairua’s interests with the:
- Tairua/Pauanui Community Board
- Thames Coromandel District Council (TCDC)
- Waikato Regional Council
- Community Groups
What do we do?
On an ongoing basis we monitor on your behalf;
- Water supply and quality
- Tairua Harbour protection
- Roading and infrastructure
We deal with any issues brought to our attention by concerned residents and ratepayers.
Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ratepayers.tairua
If you are passionate about Tairua and want to make sure you are represented on local issues, you should join our Residents and Ratepayers Association.
- Get regular updates on what is happening
- Be heard on issues that matter to you
- Help make sure our community stays a great place to live
- Get to vote for the committee and on key issues
If you are not a Member of the Tairua Residents and Ratepayers Association and would like to join: please email email@example.com. Annual membership $10. Download and complete our membership from here.